About Bosnia and Herzegovina
Practical info
Tourism attractions
FAQ's
Publications
Map of the "Heart of SE Europe"
Mobile Travel Guide and City Cards
Tourist information
Mailing list
Search for
Accomodation
Sport clubs
Travel agencies

in



One of the finest examples of Ottoman architecture, the Arlanagic bridge was originally built 10 km upstream from its present location.


With the construction of a hydro-power plant in the 1960s the bridge was flooded. The water level was lowered again in 1966 to dismantle the bridge. It was eventually rebuilt in 1972 in the centre of Trebinje. The bridge was originally built in 1574 by Grand Vizir Mehmed-pasha Sokolovic and served as trading link with Novi (Herceg Novi, Montenegro) and Ragusa (Dubrovnik, Croatia). The bridge got its name only in the 17th from Arslan-aga a nobleman who fled Novi after it fell to the Venetians. He set up a toll collection center near the bridge.




Arslanagic bridge
Bridge on the Drina
Roman Bridge
The Goat Bridge
New Old Bridge
The heart-shaped land
What to do?
Where to go?