Municipality is situated on the river Drinjaca, between the
Kladanj, Zvornik and Vlasenica municipalities, 330 meters
above sea level. A regional route Caparde – Tisca continuing
through Zvornik, Tuzla and Sarajevo runs through the
municipality. The river
Drinjaca, which flows through the Sekovici Municipality (23
km), is ideal for fishing.
2 km from
Setkovici, one comes across the Lovnica Monastery with a
church dedicated to St. George. Great number of documents
has been preserved. Frescos seen even today were painted by
Longin, a famous 16th century artist. The oldest
script about the monastery dates back to 1578. The monastery
is open to visitors who will be greeted by nuns at the
ancient door which opens with a bronze key.
Spring is situated in close proximity offering fresh and
drinkable water. According to a legend, the monastery was
named Lovnica because the area was rich with game and lured
Bosnian and Serbian kings to go hunting.
14 km from
Setkovici, in the direction of Zvornik is the Papraca
Monastery. First written document about this monastery dates
back to the 1550, although some evidences point to its
existence in the 14th century. This monastery
holds the largest monastic church in Bosnia.
also a home to 34 tombstone locations dating back to the
period of Bogomiles.
municipality became famous during WWII a place where the
rebellion of people from the Northeast Bosnia against the
Fascist took place on 2.8.1941. The Monument in Lovnice was
built to those anti-Fascists who fought in the Birca area
and the Northeast Bosnia.